Hello, world! Another semester has successfully come to an end. I received approval for the senior recital at school, and I finished with most of my classes with A’s. After summer break started, I went on a 3-week trip in my homeland Korea! Now that I’m back from this long trip, I took a look at Twitter and noticed my dear friend Jason Lee’s commitment to daily updates about game dev and I really admire his endurance!
This morning, I woke up and wrote my first 20 List that I haven’t written in a while. I wanted to be shameless of it and share it with the world! This is my way of staying committed to my work!
- Read the Bible for 15 minutes and start the morning with a prayer.
- Write this 20 list every day.
- Jog for 15 minutes and do Push-ups & Sit Ups.
- Set aside some time and do Composition & SFX work for 2 hours a day each.
- Prepare for my senior recital.
- Play a new game for an hour.
- Finish Pokemon Deck Building Game game dev.
- Post on my website about my GDC experience!
- Update my Website with the updated portfolio of games.
- Go to meetups and events in LA!
- Charisma on Command videos and daily confidence practice!
- Write on my Blog every day, and keep up with Twitter and Facebook!
- Study Wwise middleware & study to get Licensed!
- Freestyle on my Violin and Piano for 20 minutes
- Learn how to play the guitar.
- Score study with Listening for 30 minutes a day.
- Watch new videos on GDC Vault.
- Apply for Music competitions with my current compositions.
- Study my Theory book – 10 pages per day.
- Prepare for game events that I need to go to. GDC, GSC, Casual Connect, E3, and more.
Let’s work around the idea that I’ll be sleeping at 12 every night, and waking up at 6 every morning. I also need to spend some time with my family and my love, as well as do things for fun! But I need to keep in mind that I’m on limited time and I’ll have to stay busy if I am to keep up with the rest of the world.
Let’s do this!